It is again that time of year, if you can believe it, to start planning our annual Methuen Festival of Trees celebration. During the year 2011, we will have committed $1,125,000.00 for the preservation efforts throughout our region. These funds are raised by receiving decorated trees donated from area businesses and individuals. Admission is charged to admire and view the more than 200 hundred trees decorated with the unique imagination of its donor. Raffle tickets are also sold and each amazing tree will find a new home at the end of the two weeks of the Festival.
You will become part of a magical community event by donating a decorated holiday tree to the Festival of Trees. Your beautiful tree will be displayed for two weeks and viewed by thousands of people from throughout New England. Whether you’re advertising your business, promoting your organization, showcasing your children’s creations or decorating a tree for yourself or your family, you’ll be proud to be an important part of this exciting annual event.
Register online or return the above registration form by September 28, 2012
If you have questions about donating a tree for 2012, please call 978-685-8878 or email the 2012 Trees Chairperson at email@example.com leaving your name, address and telephone number. Your tree theme is up to you. Creativity is encouraged! Trees size may range from mini trees (up to 20″) or as tall as eleven feet. Some donors decorate a tree in memory of a loved one, as a family project, to promote a cause or to advertise a business. Every year the Festival receives more tree registrations than there is room to display. Return your registration early so you won’t be shut out.
Your decorated tree is a donation to the Methuen Festival of Trees and will be raffled as part of the fund raising efforts of the Methuen Festival of Trees. The Methuen Festival of Trees is a 501(c) 3 private non-profit organization as defined by the US Internal Revenue Service code. We can provide you with a donation verification letter should you desire it for tax purposes. Since the Festival began nearly two decades ago, we have developed this list of helpful hints to make the most of your support:
- Artificial Trees are donations to the Methuen Festival of Trees and will be raffled
- All items placed with the tree are part of the raffle
- Trees should have a tree skirt, topper and lights
- The total height cannot exceed 10’6”
- Edible items, spray adhesives, loose glitter, confetti or artificial snow are prohibited
- Spraying or hot gluing on-site is prohibited
- Do not hot glue or staple anything to the black cloths covering the tree stands
- To help plan for oversized displays, please present your size and space requirements, if oversized, to the Tree Committee for approval
- Items of value such as gift certificates or tickets should be given to a Festival Board member upon check-in. Place copies on the tree. The originals will be given only to the winners. Other ornaments or items of value should be wired to or secured under your tree
- Plan on allowing 4-6 hours for set-up, and bring a step stool or ladder with you if needed.
- The Festival team will arrange the display of the trees. You will be directed to an approximate location for set-up. Depending on the size of your tree, a stand may or may not be used. Your tree may be moved.
- Please take all packaging and boxes with you when you leave. Do not leave anything overnight if you have not finished decorating.
- Keep in mind that trees may be viewed from all sides
- Please deliver your Mini Trees on Saturday, November 10, 2012. Questions regarding the Mini Trees should be directed to Eileen Hayes at firstname.lastname@example.org.