The Methuen Festival of Trees announces a scholarship program for High School Seniors and students currently enrolled in a full time college program. For more details including eligibility requirements please view the full application.
The application deadline is May 5, 2017
Scholarship Eligibility and Requirements
The applicant for a Methuen Festival of Trees scholarship must be a resident of the Merrimack Valley who is a high school senior or a student currently enrolled in a college program.
The criteria for selection of successful candidates include:
- Strength and quality of essay
- Activities and community service
- Grades and academic qualifications
- Financial need
- Volunteers at the Festival of Trees and students pursuing studies in historic preservation and restoration will receive special consideration.
- Relatives of the Methuen Festival of Trees Board of Directors are not eligible to apply.
For a qualified candidate to be considered for a scholarship, each of the following items is required and considered to be an integral part of the candidate’s application package:
- Completed Festival of Trees scholarship application
- Official transcript of your scholastic record (9th through first semester of 12th grade or college, if applicable)
- Resume, including high school and/or college activities, work experience, awards, etc.
- Essay completed in 300 words or less
- Letter of recommendation from a teacher, professor or school administrator
All information will be held in strict confidence. To be considered for the scholarship, the application must be returned by May 5, 2017. Please mail the application to the following address:
Methuen Festival of Trees Scholarships
P.O. Box 14
Methuen, MA 01844
Recipients of the scholarships will be notified by May 12, 2016 and will be invited to attend the June annual meeting of the Methuen Festival of Trees with their parents to accept the award. If you have any questions or have not received confirmation that we have received your application by May 13, 2016, please email email@example.com.